"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I Give Up

This statement by President Obama just floored me.

In an interview airing Tuesday, the President tells NBC’s Ann Curry, “Ultimately there’s going to be a decision for him and his constituents. I can tell you that if it was me, I would resign.”

“Because public service is exactly that, it’s a service to the public,” the President says to Curry. “And when you get to the point where, because of various personal distractions, you can’t serve as effectively as you need to at the time when people are worrying about jobs and their mortgages and paying the bills, then you should probably step back.”


I wrote my congresswoman asking her to pass the word along to Pelosi and the rest of the Democratic leadership to let go of this and get down to business, which is not Anthony Weiner's tweets. So Obama steps up and hands the Fox News/Breitbart/GOP industrial complex another stone to throw.

Leave this sort of thing to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who handled it very well by calling RNC chairman Reince Priebus on the Republican double standard. I'm not embedding the video because too little of it is taken up with Wasserman Schultz's rebuttal of Priebus and too much with Priebus slamming Obama for the Republican economic failures of the past few years.

At any rate, as far as Weinergate in concerned, taking notice of this sort of thing is beneath the president.

No comments: