"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 04, 2011

I have no oomph left

Partly I'm just really, really tired. Partly it's the the news is more of the same -- the Republicans want to destroy the economy, and the middle and working classes along with it (you start with the unions, you see), so that they can party with their campaign contributors. Obama has yet to demonstrate that he has the balls to stop them. (After all, he's looking for money from the same pockets.) The corporate media will support the Republicans because it is, after all, the corporate media. The professional gay-bashers are getting more and more shrill, which to me indicates that they know they're losing, but I'm just too tired to rejoice.

And the climate has gone down the toilet.

I think I'll just ignore it all and sit in the back yard and watch anime.

No comments: