"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Gods, do I hate the new Blogger format


Posting has become completely counter-intuitive. I've already written to tell them it sucks.

It's sort of like my eye doctor telling me I have to adjust the way I read to accommodate my new glasses. WTF?

In other news, it's sort of weird to realize that I have to go to the gay blogs to get any positive news stories.

Yes, I know I haven't been here much lately -- it's partly the new posting set-up, partly the blahs, and mostly the news. I really do get tired of repeating myself, and the news is -- well, it's not new. Same old crap.

Maybe I'll come up with something. One thought for today: It's the 42nd anniversary of the Kent State killings, when the National Guard opened fire on unarmed student protesters. Has anything changed?

5 comments:

Hunter said...

Blogger may have upgraded, but they just foisted it on me within the past two weeks.

NPT said...

I'm so used to it now I don't mind.

Hunter said...

Oh, I imagine I'll adjust. Or finally set up a real website and move everything to Wordpress.

NPT said...

We've been trying wordpress for Wilde Oats. And it often down -- or rather, takes a very long time to load or doesn't load at all.

Google sites is very nice indeed and you can use your own site name.

Hunter said...

We use Wordpress for Green Man Review and Sleeping Hedgehog -- same problems with loading. But the posting is intuitive, using tags and parent threads is easy, and the posting layout is easy to read.