"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 14, 2012

How Bizarre


The fallout from JP Morgan Chase's $2 billion loss begins.

Ina Drew, a 55-year-old banker who has worked at the company for three decades and is the chief investment officer, has offered to resign and will step aside Monday, said several bank executives who would not speak publicly because the resignations had not been completed.

My guess is that these three are a token sacrifice (two other traders are resigning) and that will be that. Forget any changes in operations.

What's bizarre about it? She didn't get a bonus. (Although I'd love to see the terms of her severance package -- can you say "new yacht"?)

No comments: