"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, August 13, 2012

Quote of the Day


A little something for the captains of industry (and a couple of presidential candidates) to ponder:

But Shelly Krebs, an attorney in Vancouver, Wash., who did Isabel and Logan’s adoptions, made the Hams an offer. She would handle the adoptions of the 10 other kids for about the cost of one.

Reached by phone last week, Krebs brushed aside what she had done as her work: “I basically made happen what could happen under the law.”

She helps place children with no families into stable homes where they will be cared for by parents who love them — in this case, both parents.

“As a businessperson, it’s a little more paperwork, and it’s a little more time for me,” Krebs says, and pauses. “The world is not always about time and money.”

Read the article.

No comments: