"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, August 24, 2012

Today's Must-Read


Apparently, the inhabitants of the lower depths of the anti-gay right are exercised (exorcized?) because Bill O'Reilly regularly has Wayne Besen on his show and doesn't shout him down. So they've sent a letter to O'Reilly's producers demanding that the calm and rational discussions cease immediately. Besen, not known for being the most reticent man in the public sphere, has responded.

I have never been more proud of my career accomplishments than I am today. It has been said that the friends and foes accrued over a lifetime can be used as a measure of the man. Given the coalition of homophobes and hate groups that viciously attacked me today, I feel my life’s work has been vindicated and validated.

When I woke up this morning, I was greeted with a pernicious press release headlined, “Family Groups Urge FOX NEWS to Stop Providing Unchallenged Prime Time to Agitator.” The sub headline read: “Bill O’Reilly ignores repeated requests to drop SPLC’s Wayne Besen from show.” (Note: I don’t work for SPLC. I am the founder of Truth Wins Out)

And he goes on to give names and some of the highlights of the signers' careers.

Read it.

(Here's most of the press release from the right-wingers. Can you say "projection"?

No comments: