"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, August 20, 2012

Update to "Hate Groups"


John Aravosis has come out with another excellent post showing up Tony Perkins' frantic accusations of everyone else for the D.C. shooting incident. Read it.

Note: Digby came to the same conclusion the other day, which somehow I missed.
But Tony Perkins' crocodile tears about "hate speech" are just a bit hard to take considering the kind of profit he makes at it himself. Of course he doesn't deserve to get shot at for it. But blaming the SPLC is an attempt to deflect attention from their own hate speech. Certainly, if it's "irresponsible" for the SPLC to accuse the FRC a hate group, it seems to me that it's doubly irresponsible for the FRC to accuse them of attempted murder.

I don't really have anything to add to that, except to note that, while the right is constantly harping on taking "personal responsibility" for one's actions, they seem more than a little reluctant to do so themselves. I think that's called "hypocrisy." As I recall, Jesus had something to say about that.

No comments: