"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, November 16, 2012

Thought for the Day


Reading all the reports on the Republican outrage over the Benghazi "conspiracy," which is going to lead to blocking the nomination of Susan Rice as Secretary of State (if, indeed, Obama does actually nominate her), the ongoing "conspiracy" to cook unemployment figures, the ongoing efforts at vote suppression, and so on and so on, it occurs to me that the most accurate description of the way Republicans think can be summarized thusly: They're still trying to make Obama a one-term president.

No comments: