"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, February 15, 2013

Marriage in Illinois (Link Dump)

The Senate passed the marriage equality bill 34-21. Now it goes to the House, where passage is probable, but not completely assured. If it all works, we'll have marriage equality in Illinois by May.

The professional gay-bashers are foaming at the mouth, but notably absent is any comment from Peter LaBarbera, who you will remember was so ineffective as head of the Illinois Family Institute that he couldn't get enough signatures on an advisory referendum to even submit it.

Joe.My.God. has a reaction from one opponent, Sen. Kyle McCarter. He also has a bit of McCarter's background.

Jeremy Hooper has the Illinois Family Institute's reaction.

Laurel Ramseyer has a report at Pam's House Blend, with a brief Q&A from ACLU. Here's the full article on that from Windy City Times.

And here's the story from the Chicago Tribune.

That's all I've got so far.

No comments: