"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quotes du Jour

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

-- Abraham Lincoln

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich and the poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

-- Anatole France (Le Lys Rouge)

I know -- I've been largely absent lately. No energy and no focus, and the news is generally depressing -- except the gay news. Figure that out.

I may pick out a topic and go into it in some depth -- that's what I used to do here, and I've realized that I'm not doing that so much any more. Posts here have gotten more like drive-bys, and that's the sort of thing you can get any number of places.

We'll see how that works out.

No comments: