"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Another One I Can't Resist

Rick Santorum, the gift that keeps on giving:

"Since when in America do we have classes? Since when in America are people stuck in areas or defined places...that's called a class. That's Marxism talk. When Republicans talk about middle class, we're buying into their rhetoric."

Since the oligarchs bought everything, including the government.

All snark aside, "middle class" is a term, or at least a concept, that's been around since the Middle Ages -- which is just a little bit before Marx. Well, the late Middle Ages, which is probably after Santorum's time. (Actually, it occurs to me that the Republicans want to return to the time when there were just two classes -- the aristocrats and the peasants. Think about their economic policies.)

Right Wing Watch has video, if you can stand it. It gets worse -- or better, depending on your point of view.


No comments: