"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, August 16, 2013

English Folk Rock

Specifically, the Oysterband and June Tabor. I'm sick of Russia, sick of all the right-wingers are really, truly are not Nazis (everyone to the left of Attila the Hun are the real Nazis) and truly love the gays, and who think Putin is right on target. (There is a very good post on the parallels between German in the '30s and Russia now at AmericaBog.) But I need a break. I'm sure you do, too. So here's the band performing a song that goes under the title of "Mississippi" or "Mississippi Summer," depending on the source. Enjoy.


If you don't know the Oysterband, check them out. They did some amazing stuff.

No comments: