"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

OK -- How Desperate Are They?

I'm not talking about the Republicans, necessarily -- I'm talking about the mainstream media. You have to wonder when you spot a headline like this:

Race is on to define Hillary Clinton’s potential presidential candidacy


That's the lead story in this morning's online edition of WaPo.

Granted, the Republicans are already in panic mode over the prospect of a potential Clinton candidacy -- as witness RNC Chairman Reince Preibus' threat to pull GOP primary debates from those networks if they go ahead with planned Hillary documentaries, not to mention Benghazi-gate, which they tried to pin on her -- but is this what "the news" has come to? Stories about possible reactions to and pre-emptive strikes against a potential candidacy for an election that's three years away? Here's the lede:

The 2016 presidential contest is more than two years away, and Hillary Rodham Clinton has not decided whether she will be a part of it. But the race to define her potential candidacy is well underway — and far outside her control.

I think some of these people need to get out of Washington from time to time.






No comments: