"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, August 05, 2013

Your Laugh for the Day

Peter King (R-Lipton's) may run for president:
New York Republican Congressman Peter King is warning his party not to abandon its longstanding emphasis on national defense as he launches a two-day tour of New Hampshire.

The 11-term congressman sipped Coke and posed for pictures Sunday evening at a backyard barbecue deep in the state’s Lakes Region, an event that served as a coming-out party of sorts for King’s presidential ambitions. He says he is at least a year away from a final decision, but King has officially joined the ballooning group of Republican leaders teasing a presidential bid.

“I believe the Republican Party would be receptive to my candidacy,” King said ahead of the New Hampshire visit.

Now if Louis Gohmert and Virginia Foxx will throw their hats in the ring, my life will be complete.

No comments: