"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Boy Wonder

What would you say if I told you that a fifteen year-old had come up with a way to diagnose pancreatic cancer in its early stages? Well, one did. His name is Jack Andraka, he's now sixteen, and he shows no signs of slowing down:


Oh, by the way -- although it's not mentioned in the video, he also happens to be gay.

Question for the Tony Perkins, Bryan Fischer, the American Catholic bishops, Brian Brown and all the "will bash for cash" crowd: what have you done lately to save people's lives?

And a stray thought: I doubt anyone has done a survey for this information, but I wonder what proportion of doctors, nurses, counselors, social workers -- those in the helping professions, as they're called -- are gay, as opposed to the proportion who are evangelical "Christians."

No comments: