"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, October 18, 2013

The Shutdown

OK -- it's over. Until January 15. Everybody's claiming victory. Y'know what? Everybody lost. Shutting down the government is a no-win situation, always has been, always will be.

The President's saying it won't happen again. The teabaggers are ready to come right back with more impossible demands. (I mean, how many times does a bill to repeal the ACA have to fail before they get the message?) Every time I see Ted Cruz, he looks creepier, more beady-eyed.

Buncha bullshit, right down the line. We should just throw everyone out and start over again. One new requirement for congresscritters: net worth must be less than $500,000. (And I'm being generous.)

No comments: