"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I Get Tired

Going through the gay blogs every morning -- and even some of the not-gay blogs -- I get so tired of the reports on what new nonsense the AFA, FRC, NOM, and assorted anti-gay weirdos have come up with that I just can't think of anything to comment on. It's not even new lies -- they just rehash the old ones (and completely ignore the fact that they've been debunked); call up the spectre of the Soviet Union on the flimsiest of pretexts -- or none at all (the guy lost a case in open court after full due process -- "Dictatorship!!"); completely distort and misrepresent the workings of democracy (and on this one, Fischer has gone way over the edge: ascribing a law imposed by India's colonial rulers in the 19th century to the "elected representatives of the people" is a stretch, even for him)(and this one, by Brian Brown, is just as bad, if not worse -- this is complete misrepresentation for purely partisan ends) -- and on and on and on.

I just ran across this one again, and I think the headline sort of sums up the intellectual rigor of these bigots:

Tom Daley came out because his father died so Jamaica should keep its buggery law

Is it any wonder that I'm into escapism these days?

The image is from a series I did a number of years ago called "Shatter." I think that sort of sums it up.

2 comments:

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Ah the crazies. They make one crazy!

Hunter said...

Like I said, they just make me tired.