"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Culture Break: Flashmob "Carmina Burana"

I've always loved Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. This has got to be the best ever:


The description at YouTube:
SolistInnen, Chor, Orchester der Volksoper Wien boten im April Fahrgästen und Passanten eine besondere Performance. Die KünstlerInnen lösten sich aus der Menschenmenge - eine "Passantin" begann, weitere "PassantInnen" - sowie als ÖBB-MitarbeiterInnen verkleidete KünstlerInnen - setzten nach und nach ein.

My own rough translation: "In April, soloists, chorus and orchestra of the Vienna Volksoper offered visitors and travelers a special performance. The artists mingled with the crowd -- a "traveler" began, and then more "travelers" -- as well as performers dressed as employees -- joined in."

There -- that should get your year off to a good start.

OK -- I just watched it again. I love it!

1 comment:

Piet said...

Lovely! Thank you.
p