"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Idiot du Jour

Who else but Peter LaBarbera? This is choice:

LaBarbera repeatedly refused to answer Colmes’ question about what he thinks the punishment for homosexual behavior should be, finally admitting: “I don’t know what the punishment should be.”

“So you want these laws on the books but you don’t know what to do about them?” Colmes asked. “You keep talking about criminalizing sodomy and using the country of Jamaica as a model for that but you’re not telling me how you would enforce it and then what the punishment should be. So you don’t have a well-rounded idea of how to approach the idea of criminalizing it.”

Audio at the link.

Come to think of it, maybe LaBarbera's smarter than I give him credit for -- smarter than these yoyos, anyway.

Footnote: Towleroad has a "Peter LaBarbera Hub" documenting LaBarbera's general cluelessness. I think this picture says it all:


Note the crowd of supporters.

I might add that LaBarbera has a history of being one of the most ineffective campaigners against gay civil rights in the country. Remember than he twice tried to put anit-marriage referendums on the ballot -- in a state where referendums are advisory only, and have no binding force. The first time, there were too many bogus signatures for it to qualify. The second time, he didn't manage to get enough signatures to even submit the petitions.

No comments: