"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, January 24, 2014

Image of the Week

I'm fascinated by fragmentary images, mosaics, collages, and the kinds of associations you can build by combining things. I've done a fair amount with building "mosaic" images. Some are very simple and straightforward:


(I've done a lot more with this technique, including large-scale landscapes, but for some reason, those files are not in the computer. Eventually.)

Other images make use of some of the technical resources available:


This one's actually a variation on the "Shatter" series that I started with a Polaroid. It graduated to Photoshop. (Hmm -- haven't looked at these for a while -- I'll have to explore this a little more.)

And sometimes I go into full collage mode, with connections that aren't on the surface:


Hmm -- looking back over these images, I'm starting to be glad it's winter -- it'll be easier to spend time with the scanner and Photoshop, playing. Who knows what I'll come up with next?





No comments: