"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, January 31, 2014

Image of the Week

"Boy With a Camera": That's one of the gallery pages on my website (which as been inactive for so long that I can't even get into it to revise or add things anymore -- the host no longer supports it). The core is what artists fall back on when they have no other subjects -- themselves.

It started way back when. This one's from 1977:


There are others, although they don't actually fit under "self-portraits." From 1991:


You can see my penchant for abstraction coming out.

Anyone who knows me will tell you that I don't always take myself all that seriously. From 1993:


And here's one of my favorites, from 1994:


I left off pretty much at that point. Maybe it's something I should pick up again -- but I'm going to have to work out for six months first.

No comments: