"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Sochi (Updated At Random)

Well, the Games open tomorrow, so I thought I'd post a few highlights on what to expect.

From AmericaBlog, this report from -- hmm, reporters. It's too good -- read the whole thing. Here's a couple of choice tweets:



For those concerned about safety at the Games, I got this link via e-mail. The graphic is rather extensive, but here's a sample:


Apparently, the Winter Games at a Russian beach resort aren't working out quite the way Putin planned.

I'll probably update this post as I run across more choice bits.

And sure enough, this report from NBC on how fast your computers, phones, etc. are going to be hacked:


Hope you visitors hadn't planned on actually communicating with anyone.

And you will do without Budweiser -- at least, there will be no Big Bud Bash at Sochi:

In fact, we've seen an email from a Budweiser rep which says the company does not want its U.S.-based representatives in Sochi ... and the message is clear -- the terrorist threat is simply looming too large.





No comments: