"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Culture Break: Zoë Keating, "Lost"

A friend and former co-worker gave me an album by Zoë Keating, One Cello X16: Natoma, which I have only recently listened to. (I mean really listened -- with my new set-up, it's easier to actually hear what I'm playing.)

The music is fascinating -- I can't call it "new age" because it's not really, and it doesn't seem to fit into the "avant garde" mold, either. Call it "alt modern" and let it go at that. There are some passages in the album that remind me of Penguin Cafe Orchestra, if that's any help.

At any rate, here's Keating playing "Lost."


No comments: