"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, July 14, 2014

Just An Observation

Call it progress, of a sort. This story about Ian Thorpe's coming out showed up at Raw Story. There's nothing in the story itself that's remarkable -- we've been reading about Thorpe in the gay blogosphere for days now -- so much as the fact that this story, and more like it, are showing up on "mainstream" sources.

I've noticed that happening more and more. I've even noticed that Digby has covered a couple of gay stories, mostly about marriage. (Not ascribing it to any bias on her part -- that's not her focus.)

That, as much as any poll numbers or any court victories (or the desperate shrieks of Tony Perkins, et al.) says to me "We're winning."

No comments: