"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, November 09, 2014

#alexfromtarget

If you haven't heard about this one, I'd love to know how you managed it. Here's a story on it from Towleroad.

And I'm including the video of Alex's appearance on Ellen, just because:


You should click through and check out the comments at Towleroad, not because they're particularly insightful, but because they're so typical. My only comment is "You people are really overthinking this." It's an internet craze, it'll be gone in a week to make way for the new meme. Alex seems dazed by the whole think, although from his appearance on Ellen he seems to be a very solid kid. (One thing about the reactions, and it may be purely subjective: several commenters noted how cute he is -- disparagingly, in some cases, but that's only to be expected -- but no one mentioned what beautiful eyes he has. Maybe that's just me.)

No comments: