"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Well, That's Depressing

The Republicans took control of the Senate, which means the posturing will continue for another two years. First will come impeachment, then repeal everything. Oh, and a "Protect Marriage" amendment, of course. Beats actually governing, I guess.

And in Illinois, it looks as though billionaire Bruce Rauner, who wants to turn the state into a hybrid between Scott Walker's Wisconsin and Sam Brownback's Kansas, will be our governor, although there are still votes to be counted, mostly from Chicago. There's hope.

But overall, it's pretty awful.

It's going to be hard to sit here and watch the country go down the toilet.

No comments: