"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, January 06, 2015

And Florida Makes 36

Plus D.C. The rest of Florida launched same-sex marriages at 12:01 am Eastern time. Joe.My.God. has extensive coverage last night and this morning. (Joe has strong Florida connections.)

And the 21st Century Anita Bryant seems to have given up:
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, a Republican who vigorously fought to defend the state's same-sex marriage ban against a barrage of legal challenges, on Monday conceded defeat.

"The judge has ruled, and we wish these couples the best," said Bondi spokesman Whitney Ray in a statement.

That's it. I wonder if the 11th Circuit will even bother to rule on the appeal -- Bondi has already filed that the state will not respond to plaintiff's brief.



No comments: