"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It's Official

Roy Moore is pandering to idiots:
In an interview with the Associated Press published Monday, Judge Moore attempted to illustrate just how much the legalization of same-sex marriage would actually change the institution of marriage across the nation.

"You're taking any definition of a family away," if the Supreme Court finds a right for same-sex couples to marry, the Alabama jurist claimed.

"When two bisexuals or two transgendered marry, how large is that family?," he posited. "Can they marry two persons, one of the same sex and one of the opposite sex? Then, you've got a family of four or how many?"

Now, I'm not going to try to guess whether Moore believes this himself or not: he's not stupid, he's a con artist and liar, but he's also a fundamentalist "Christian" of the sort who sees the world through a very dense filter. But I'm willing to bet that this is tailored for an audience not inclined to doubt authority -- the same audience that re-elected him to the Supreme Court of Alabama after he's been removed for ethics violations -- including violations of the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

For some reason, I thought nonsense was limited to children's rhymes and Lewis Carroll. Silly me.



No comments: