"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, March 16, 2015

Marriage News Watch, March 16, 2015

Texas is pushing a proposed law that would let the state overrule the Supreme Court. There's just one problem: they can't actually do that. Alabama judges have decided that they don't have to obey federal courts either, except that in reality, they do. And Oklahoma politician wants to switch from marriage licenses to marriage certificates, which would accomplish ... not very much.


I wrote about Molly White here. I don't seem to have commented on the other idiots Baume mentioned. If I happen to run across any stories, I'll post links.

No comments: