"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, February 15, 2016

A Day Late, Just Because

I seem to remember this ad from last year, but it may be just the music, which seems to pop up everywhere. At any rate:


Needless to say, the likes of Linda Harvey and Janet Porter hated it, so it must be a good thing.

(And a side thought: considering all the ads that stress inclusiveness and especially the number that are showing gays and lesbians favorably -- which is to say, just treating them as perfectly normal -- and the fact that their boycotts are big flops, it's no wonder the god-botherers are so hysterical: when it comes to hearts and minds, they're losing. Badly.)

By the way, if anyone knows the title/artist on that song, leave it in the comments. It's going to drive me crazy now.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Peter said...

The song is "Same Love" by Macklemore. I hope that helps. We're going to have enough to drive us crazy in the next several months.

Hunter said...

Thank you. In spite of my notably broad taste in music (everything from American Indian, classical raga, gamelan, through the Romantic repertoire to hard-core post-Minimalist contemporary with a good measure of rock, post punk and various traditions), I somehow managed to miss that one.

Or, to put it briefly, "So that's Macklemore!"