"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, May 23, 2016

Let's Build a Wall Around Texas

and make them pay for it. Then we might be spared things like the Texas State Board of Education, which has undue influence on the content of textbooks nationally and seems intent on electing only the most rigidly ignorant to serve:

"Ms. Bruner has said that she wants creationism taught in science class," Inside Texas Politics host Bud Kennedy noted. "And that her views represent those of the district. Are you Christian enough to represent this district?"

"Yes, I am," Ellis insisted. "I've taught Sunday school and Bible quiz in my church in 20 years. And I believe it's my responsibility to teach my faith to my children. The catch of when you get religion in school is whose religion is going to be taught?"

Bruner disagreed: "When we only teach theory -- it's a theory, theories are unproven -- but in the science class, if only one theory is taught then we're teaching a religion. It is the religion of atheism."

It's not only the lack of knowledge in her last statement, it's her complete inability to make a coherent argument. "If only one theory is taught, then we're teaching a religion." -- WTF?

The sad part is, Bruner will probably win.


No comments: