"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Truth in Passing

Every once in a while, someone makes a remark in passing that resonates much more than you would expect. This is even more true when the discussion is about something else.

This one jumped out at me:

Anyone who’s run a successful con will tell you that fear and greed are your greatest allies in getting the mark to go along with your scam.

Mustang Bobby throws it at Trump and Cruz, and it sticks.

But my reaction was: Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce the "Christian" right.


No comments: