"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Today In Disgusting People

This is a United States Senator:

“In his role as President, I think we should pray for Barack Obama. But I think we need to be very specific about how we pray,” Perdue told the audience at the Faith and Freedom Coalition conference in Washington, D.C. “We should pray like Psalm 109:8 says, that says, ‘let his days be few.’”

After waiting a beat, Perdue said, “And let another have his office,’” drawing laughter from the audience.

I guess that's the sort of thing "Christians" find funny.

However, when you look at the rest of that verse:

As observers on Twitter quickly pointed out, the full Biblical passage is significantly more ominous.

“May his days be few; may another take his office,” the cited section reads.

“May his children be fatherless and his wife a widow! May his children wander about and beg, seeking food far from the ruins they inhabit!” the next section continues.

Do I really need to say anything?

Oh, there's this:

Perdue spokeswoman Caroline Vanvick said in a statement to Bloomberg that the Georgia senator "in no way wishes harm towards our president."

Bull.


No comments: