"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Republican Convention

Should be something to watch -- it's starting to look like a combination of the Keystone Kops and Mad Max. Nobody wants to attend:

Even if a large portion of convention delegates weren’t planning a coup against the presumptive nominee, the convention would still be a disaster because it would end with the nomination of Donald Trump as president.

Because of this, many Republican politicians and operatives are avoiding the convention like the plague. In interviews with Politico, many operatives describe their fear and loathing of next week’s convention in hilariously blunt terms.

“I would rather attend the public hanging of a good friend,” GOP digital strategist Will Ritter tells the publication.

Considering the presumptive nominee and the toxic platform coming out of the committee, I'm wondering how they're going to pull it off.


No comments: