"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Stop Me If You've Heard This One

The election's going to be rigged:

Donald Trump on Monday night repeated his earlier assertion that the 2016 general election will be “rigged” against him.

As the Republican presidential nominee slipped in the first polls to be released after the Democratic National Convention, he took to questioning the integrity of the nation’s election system, first at an afternoon rally in Ohio and then during an interview with Sean Hannity on the Fox News Channel.

“I’m telling you, Nov. 8, we’d better be careful, because that election is going to be rigged,” Mr. Trump said in the Fox News interview. “And I hope the Republicans are watching closely or it’s going to be taken away from us.”

Earlier in the day, Mr. Trump warned supporters in Columbus, Ohio, that the deck may already be stacked against him for November.

“I’m afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have to be honest,” Mr. Trump said then.

In Trump's world, everything's rigged.

My first reaction is that he's sure Clinton will mop the floor with him and he's setting up the "I wuz robbed!" scenario. And of course, it's none other than Roger Stone pushing this for all it's worth.

What it boils down to is that the GOP are not going to be able to rig the elections because their voter suppression laws are being slapped down by the courts.

Via Joe.My.God.



2 comments:

Pieter said...

He's making sure that if there's only a small difference in the vote count he can point to his "prediction" and sue for a national re-count or take it in another direction and sue for conspiracy. The Republicans don't have control of the voting machines this time the way they did when Ohio flipped on the Diebolds that had no paper vote verification, so I have hope that the vote will be decisive and not lead to either him or his party going to court. The last thing we need is another election decided by the Supremes.

Hunter said...

Plus the fact that the courts are quashing the voter suppression bills -- I think it's up to five or six states now.

Interestingly enough, Sandra Day O'Connor said they never should have taken Gore v. Bush. Be interesting to see how a decision would go with an eight-member Court, but I have a feeling that not even Alito could stomach the idea of Trump as president.