"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Friday, November 11, 2016

Idiot du Jour

I knew the woman had a loose mouth, but I didn't think she was stupid:

Ann Coulter

@AnnCoulter

1928 was last time Republicans had the White House, the House and the Senate.
11:19 PM - 8 Nov 2016

9,733 9,733 Retweets
15,521

My first reaction was, "And we all know what happened in 1929." Except the people who actually pay attention to her probably don't.

And in point of fact, she's wrong, as Karoli Kuns points out in the post. One thing Kuns is forgetting, however, is that, to the Coulter-Limbaugh wing of the GOP, Dubyah is He Whose Name Must Not Be Mentioned.

So Coulter is probably not the idiot. Her followers are, and she knows it.

No comments: