"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, March 13, 2017

About Coverage Under Trumpcare: Compare and Contrast

Although I'm just as comfortable calling it "Ryancare," since he's the innumerate genius who's taken ownership:

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) said on Sunday that he can't say how many people will lose health coverage under the Republican bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act, as it's "up to people" to acquire coverage "if they want it."

"The one thing I'm certain will happen is CBO will say, well, gosh, not as many people will get coverage. You know why? Because this isn't a government mandate," Ryan told ABC's John Dickerson. "You get it if you want it. That's freedom."

"How many people are going to lose coverage?" Dickerson asked.

"I can't answer that question. It's up to people," Ryan said. "People are going to do what they want to do with their lives."

This is the set-up for blaming the people who are going to get shafted: "Well, you had your choice -- spend half your income on insurance or do without."

And then, when you compare it to what the Republican-in-Chief has promised:


Via TPM.

No comments: