"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Today in Disgusting People: School Choice Edition (Update)

Betsy DeVos, who is, in a gallery of egregious cabinet picks, is one of the worst, mostly because she's intent on torpedoing our kids' futures.

Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos says she has no problem with states that allow schools to discriminate against LGBT students while receiving federal funds, and believes that the federal government should not intervene.

The whole exchange is appalling. There's video at the link (that I'm not able to embed) that's worth viewing, just to see DeVos squirm as she's trying to avoid the issue.

Addendum: There's more of DeVos and her agenda here. It sort of echoes the Republican philosophy on the economy: if it doesn't work, keep trying.

Update: I found the video clip on YouTube:


No comments: