"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Continuing a Tradition

Granted, it's only six months old, but in this world, that's a long-standing tradition:

White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci on Sunday said that President Trump does not have to pardon anyone in connection with the Russia investigation.

During an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," Scaramucci was asked about Trump's tweet in which he said: "While all agree the U. S. President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us."

. . .

"He's basically saying he doesn't have to pardon anybody," Scaramucci said when asked who the president is thinking about pardoning.

"The president is thinking about pardoning nobody...The president is not going to have to pardon anybody because the Russia thing is a nonsensical thing."

Fake News!!1!

(Via Joe.My.God.)

A lot has been made of Scaramucci's previous criticisms of Trump. His accepting this position, I think, speaks to his -- well, call it "flexibility." If the money's right. . . .

As for Sean Spicer, I have no real opinion on him -- I've seen reports that he's a real scumbag, and it's worth noting that he was communications director for, I believe, the RNC for a number of years, which to me just indicates that he's made a career of being a liar for hire.

Footnote: It's all in the name:

Scaramuccia (literally "little skirmisher"), also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte. The role combined characteristics of the zanni (servant) and the Capitano (masked henchman). Usually attired in black Spanish dress and burlesquing a don, he was often beaten by Harlequin for his boasting and cowardice.

No comments: