"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Compare and Contrast

Via Digby:



Also via Digby:

Susie Madrak at Crooks and Liars caught a great story on CNN:

Take a break from the steady diet of hopelessness and read this.

On CNN's New Day, Alysin Camerota interviews Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, owner of Houston's Gallery Furniture, who took in Katrina victims five years ago and is now welcoming Harvey flood victims.

She asked how many people he had in his stores today.

"We have two stores, one of them has about 360 people, the other one has 400," he said. "So we've got lots of people displaced from the horrible flooding and we're thrilled to have them."

(I'm sorry, I'm trying really hard not to compare this with Joel Osteen's response.)

Joel Osteen's response:



"We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity."

He had to be shamed into doing that much.

(Also, note that Osteen owns a 17,700 square foot mansion. That's one of his houses.)


No comments: