"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Idiot du Jour

That would be David Yerushalmi, the "father of the anti-Sharia movement":

A proponent of the right-wing Israeli settlement movement, Yerushalmi has been condemned by the Anti-Defamation League for his bigoted views about Muslims as well as black people, immigrants and women. He’s argued that white people are “genetically superior” to black people, and provocatively stated that “there is a reason the founding fathers did not give women or black slaves the right to vote.”

Considering that we share about 99% of our genetic heritage with chimpanzees, and that non-Africans have inherited between 1 and 2% of their genes from Neanderthals (although I've seen higher estimates), and that the genetic difference between human races is insignificant, I'd say that Yerushalmi is pulling his "science" out of his nether orifice.



No comments: