"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, September 11, 2017

Today in Disgusting People

I don't know the official death count for Irma, but at least four people have died in the U.S., I believe, and more in the Caribbean.

Ann Coulter's response:


It seems that callous indifference to other people's misfortune is a hallmark of the conservative movement (think of all those "conservatives" who voted against aid for the victims of Sandy), but making a joke of it is beyond the pale.

I think Digby has the right take on it:

This isn't an ideology problem. It's a maturity problem. And there are millions of people like her. One of them is in the White House.

The country's being run by a bunch of nine year olds.

Of course, we have to consider the right's priorities:



No comments: