"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Tweet du Jour: NFL Edition

Via Balloon Juice:



The whole "disrespecting the military" mantra is major horsepucky -- half these guys are ex-military.

Another take on the "disrespecting the flag" mantra:


Tim Eagan via GoComics.com

Both via Balloon Juice.

And the best response I've seen to all those "real "Murricans" who are stupid enough to believe anything Trump says.

In an interview with the Tennessean, NFL tight end Delanie Walker took a shot at football fans who are willfully misinterpreting protests during the national anthem, saying they don’t need to come to the games if they can’t deal with it. . . .

“First off, I’m going to say this: We’re not disrespecting the military, the men and women that serve in the Army. That’s not what it’s all about,” Walker explained. “If you look at most of the guys in here – I’ve been in the USO. I support the troops. This is not about that. It’s about equal rights, and that’s all everyone is trying to show, is that we all care about each other.”

Walker then took fans who are threatening to boycott to task, saying, “OK, bye.”

“The fans that don’t want to come to the game? I mean, OK. Bye,” he stated. “I mean, if you feel that’s something, we’re disrespecting you, don’t come to the game. You don’t have to. No one’s telling you to come to the game. It’s your freedom of choice to do that.”

Get it?


No comments: