"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, October 09, 2017

Today in Disgusting People

Mike Pence, vice president and Trump's lap dog (one of many), who spent who knows how much of our money to fly to Indianapolis for a football game he planned on walking out of because The Hairpiece told him to:

Vice President Mike Pence left a football game between the Indianapolis Colts and the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday after some players knelt during the National Anthem, saying he did not want to "dignify" the demonstration.

"I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem," Pence wrote on Twitter.

The vice president went on to issue a full statement opposing the protest.

And of course, there's a tweet.

(Via Joe.My.God.)

(I should note that the replies/comments to Pence's tweet are not supportive -- to say the least.)

Note how he's doing his bit to reinforce Trump's lie about "disrespecting our soldiers," etc., etc., etc. This, from one of those who supports Trump throwing loyal servicemembers out of the military because they're trans. I can hardly wait until they try to reinstate DADT -- or something worse.

As might be expected, the world at large is having none of it. A couple of the better responses:



a

All just to remind the trumpanzees how much they hate black people.



No comments: