"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Saturday, November 18, 2017

They're Not Hypocrites, They're "Christians": Case in Point

Yesterday I referred you to an article examining the focus of the "religious" right on maintaining power. Today we have it baldly stated:

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said today she plans to vote for Roy Moore in the Dec. 12 election for the U.S. Senate despite allegations of Moore's sexual encounters with teenage girls about 40 years ago, which Moore has adamantly denied.

Ivey, answering questions from reporters after the traditional Thanksgiving turkey pardon event at the governor's mansion, said protecting the Republican majority in the Senate was a major factor.

"I'm going to cast my ballot on December the 12th, and I do believe the nominee of the party is the one I'll vote for," Ivey said. "I believe in the Republican Party, what we stand for, and most important, we need to have a Republican in the United States Senate to vote on things like the Supreme Court justices, other appointments the Senate has to confirm and make major decisions. So that's what I plan to do, vote for Republican nominee Roy Moore."

Tribalism at work: Ivey will vote to keep Republicans in power, even if it means voting for a sexual predator, because if they lose their Senate majority, they lose their chance to complete the destruction of American democracy -- in the near future at least. After all, if you can steal one Supreme Court seat, why not steal them all?

Via Joe.My.God.

No comments: