"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Idiot du Jour

This guy, Roy Moore's spokesbot, is ignorant as dirt about the way reality works, but then, that seems to be a requirement for membership in the Republican party. What I found most interesting was this:

"It's just a sin...It's what my Bible tells me. That's what this is about. You people want to take the two or three thousand years of our history and y'all just want to throw it out the window as if you're just going to make your own rules, your own man-made rules and do whatever you want."
(Emphasis added.)

What a mindset. This is probably why people who've been brainwashed in this tradition are never going to understand what America is really about -- they have as little understanding of the idea of "independence" as they do of morality. And they're the reason we are in danger of losing democracy: they'll vote for someone who tells them what to do.

There's video at the link; it's fairly brief and worth watching, just to illustrate what a stubborn, arrogant moron this character is.

2 comments:

Pieter said...

The slack jaw and slow blink when he's told the Bible isn't a requirement . . .

Hunter said...

Priceless. . . .