"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Culture Break: Bill T. Jones, Joshua Roman, and Somi: Red Circle, Blue Curtain

Believe it or not, this popped up out of nowhere in the comments to a post at Joe.My.God. While watching it (and I've admired the work of Bill T. Jones for a long time, since my own days as a dancer/student), it occurred to me that I've been doing almost nothing but music for these "Culture Break" posts, and there's a lot more to culture than that. So, with that said, we're going to call this "dance/performance".

From the description at YouTube:

Legendary dance choreographer Bill T. Jones and TED Fellows Joshua Roman and Somi didn't know exactly what was going to happen when they took the stage at TED2015. They just knew they wanted to offer the audience an opportunity to witness creative collaboration in action. The result: An improvised piece they call "The Red Circle and the Blue Curtain," so extraordinary it had to be shared ...


So maybe I'll start keeping a list of not-music I can include. Just to liven things up.

And I've really got to figure out TED.



No comments: