"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Sunday, March 25, 2018

March for Our Lives, Part 6: Moron du Jour

There's a good reason the voters of Pennsylvania booted Rick Santorum (google it!) out of the Senate after one term -- aside from them finding out what a crook he is: he's too stupid to walk and breathe at the same time. Via Joe.My.God.:

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) suggested that students should take CPR classes and take steps to prepare for active shooter situations instead of holding protests calling for new gun laws. “How about kids instead of looking to someone else to solve their problem, do something about,” Santorum said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“Maybe taking CPR classes or try to deal with situations that, where there is a violent shooter that you can actually respond to that.” Santorum said students took action to “ask someone to pass a law.”

“They didn’t take action to say how do I, as an individual, deal with this problem. ‘How am I going to do something about stopping bullying within my own community. What am I going to do to actually help respond to a shooter,'” he said.

There, in a nutshell, is the right wing's response to school shootings: normalize them, and blame the victims. Seriously -- take CPR classes? As for "ask someone to pass a law" -- that's the way it works, dumbo -- you put pressure on your elected representatives to pass the laws you need.

No comments: