"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Monday, March 26, 2018

Today in Projection, Snowflake Edition

This jerk, who thinks his sincerely held religious beliefs allow him to demonize minorities without consequences:

Last week I reported that Oklahoma Wesleyan president Everett Piper had penned a column in which he compares gays to ISIS. Today Piper is very unhappy about people calling him out on that.

So much for inclusion. So much for acceptance. So much for pluralism. So much for claiming that “it doesn’t matter what you believe as long as it works for you!” So much for love. So much for respecting those from different cultures who have different views and different values.

I wonder if he would have dared to make the same comparison with, say, the NAACP.


No comments: