"Joy and pleasure are as real as pain and sorrow and one must learn what they have to teach. . . ." -- Sean Russell, from Gatherer of Clouds

"If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right." -- Helyn D. Goldenberg

"I love you and I'm not afraid." -- Evanescence, "My Last Breath"

“If I hear ‘not allowed’ much oftener,” said Sam, “I’m going to get angry.” -- J.R.R. Tolkien, from Lord of the Rings

Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Image du Jour/Today in Disgusting People

Posted by commenter Kevin Andrews in this thread at Joe.My.God.:

 Thumbnail

The post itself covers another rant by Tony Perkins, this one aimed at Google because their doodle on April 1 was not about him -- excuse me, I mean Easter. (And if I were Perkins, I think I'd probably try to avoid calling attention to the fact that Easter fell on April Fool's Day.) You can read his whole rant at the link, if you want, but this bit sort of proves my point about "Christians" being arrogant and self-absorbed:

The same company who ignited a firestorm for marking Cesar Chavez’s birthday instead of Easter in 2016, shrugged off the backlash, insisting, “We don’t have Doodles for religious holidays, in line with our current Doodle guidelines. Doodles may appear for some non-religious celebrations that have grown out of religious holidays, such as Valentine’s Day.”

Cesar Chavez did some good in pushing this country to live up to its ideals, unlike Perkins.

Google's full statement:

“We don’t have Doodles for religious holidays, in line with our current Doodle guidelines. Doodles may appear for some non-religious celebrations that have grown out of religious holidays, such as Valentine’s Day, Holi’s Festival of Colors, Tu B’Av and the December holiday period, but we don’t include religious imagery or symbolism as part of these.”

No one would ever accuse Perkins of being inclusive -- which I guess in his universe is the eighth deadly sin.

No comments: